Ultimate Destination Wedding ChecklistPosted on 08/29/2019
Considering a destination wedding? Not only are you planning a wedding, you’re also planning a vacation for you and your guests (as well as a honeymoon!).
It can get overwhelming, but we can help!
Start by reviewing our destination wedding checklist.
Then contact one of our travel professionals. We have first-hand knowledge of beautiful locations, hotels, and excursions to make your wedding a magical experience!
6 to 19 months from Wedding Date
- Decide on the budget.
- Select your Destination Wedding Specialist.
- Select your wedding style.
- Decide on size and guest list. Just the two of you or with friends and family?
- Choose your wedding location. Small resort or Large resort?
- Select your destination and hotel.
- Here are a few of our favorite hotels and resorts ideal for destination weddings:
- Select a date.
- Request pricing.
- Finalize the booking.
- Obtain the legal requirements for the country.
- Send out invitations to guests that include:
- Destination and hotel information
- Price with deposit amounts and date of final payments
- Your Destination Wedding Specialist’s contact information
- Select bridal attire
4 to 6 months from Wedding Date
- Decide on à la carte options at your resort and confirm with your wedding specialist.
- Follow up with guests who have not booked yet.
- Register to a gift registry and buy your rings.
2 to 4 months from Wedding Date
- Finalize wedding attire.
- Look into excursions for your group.
1 to 2 months from Wedding Date
- Final fitting for bridal attire.
- Shop for vacation outfits.
- Confirm all details with your Destination Wedding Specialist.
- Meet with your hotel wedding coordinator to go over documentation and final selection of flowers, cake and location.
- Walk around the complex to scout out the best photo locations.
- Relax and enjoy your wedding day!