Italian Intermezzo (Winter 2019 2020)
- Florence: During dinner, meet a sommelier who will talk you through a tasting of some of Tuscan’s finest wines.
- Rome: Savour a four-course Celebration Dinner with wine to the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best-loved opera.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 21 Dec Christmas Day in Florence. 28 Dec New Year’s Eve in Florence.
- Venice: See a master craftsman honouring age-old Venetian crafts, when you visit an artisan showroom and workshop on Giudecca Island.
- Florence: Gain a fascinating insight into the work of Michelangelo’s masterpiece, David, with a Renaissance art expert during your visit to the Accademia Museum.
- Vatican City: Join your Local Expert and explore the city's highlights including St. Peters Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, with VIP access into the Vatican Museums. Your visit also includes behind-the-scenes access to a part of the Vatican denied to the general public, the Bramante Staircase.
Stay in Style
- Florence: Hotel Londra is an elegant hotel situated right in the heart of Florence.
- Rome: The Veneto Palace Hotel is located in the monumental and unique scenery of ancient Rome, not far from Piazza di Spagna, the Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese, which is the largest park in central Rome. The guest rooms offer a classic style that blends in perfect harmony with the style of the building.
Top Rated Highlights
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Florence: During your guided walk see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Pisa: See the cathedral, baptistery and gravity-defying Leaning Tower.
- Assisi: Enjoy strolling through this quaint little town with your Local Expert and seeing it's beautifully preserved medieval lane ways and streets.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican City: Join your Local Expert and visit St. Peters Basilica.