Wonders of Turkey (Winter 2019 2020)
- Pamukkale: Head to a local organic farm where you will be treated to a Farm-to-Table lunch made with the fresh local produce.
- Cappadocia: After dinner, enjoy a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 6 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Highlight Festive Dinner: 28 Dec New Year's Eve in Kusadasi.
- Cappadocia: A Cappadocian local who has lived in the city for decades, invites you into their cave house. Take the opportunity to learn more about their life.
Stay in Style
- Canakkale: The modern Kolin Hotel is located near the city centre and is right on the shores of the Dardanelles Straits. Facilities include a fitness center, Turkish bath, sauna, jacuzzis and pools.
- Izmir: The Swissotel Buyuk Efes, Izmir is centrally located, offering spacious, comfortable rooms and luxury facilities.
- Kusadasi: Enjoy stunning views of the Aegean Sea from the Charisma De Luxe Hotel. Facilities include a Turkish bath, sauna, indoor pool, fitness suite and massage center.
- Cappadocia: At the Alfina Hotel Cappadocia, experience troglodyte life in a cave room with all the amenities of modern accommodation.
Top Rated Highlights
- Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
- Dardanelles: Enjoy a short voyage between continents from Europe to Asia.
- Troy: Visit this ancient sight fabled to have been destroyed over love and view the huge reconstructed Trojan Horse.
- Pergamon: Led by your Local Expert, visit Asklepion, one of the most famous shrines and therapeutic centres of the ancient world.
- Izmir: Explore this city with your Travel Director.
- Selçuk: Visit the Archaeological museum housing many of the artefacts from Ephesus.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world’s finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Pamukkale: See the cascading Cotton Castle of milky white travertine pools and the ancient ruin of Hierapolis.
- Konya: Accompanied by your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Mevlana Tekke museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes. See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Cappadocia: Visit a Turkish Carpet centre.
- Göreme: With your Local Expert, explore the underground cities, rock-cut churches, fairy-tale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
- Avanos: Learn about pottery making.
- Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilisation and visit the Mausoleum of Atatürk.
- Istanbul: Visit the Blue Mosque and explore Hagia Sophia. With your Local Expert, gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman Sultans during a private tour of the fabulous Topkapi Palace. Later, enjoy a relaxing cruise past Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses. Visit the Hippodrome, see the Bosphorous and the Golden Horn. Then you are given a complete guide on how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the passing scenery as you travel past the Sea of Marmara, Peninusula of Gelibolu, Maeander River Valley and Urgup.